Pearson BTEC Level 2 Award in Principles of Team Leading Overview
Qualification Number (QN):601/5250/3
Credit value: 8
Guided Learning Hours: 65
Total Qualification Time (TQT):80
Awarding Body : Edexcel
What is the purpose of this qualification?
The Pearson BTEC Level 2 Award in Principles of Team Leading are for learners who work in, or who want to work in the business and professional management sector. They give learners the opportunity to:
- Develop knowledge related to team leadership styles, the roles and responsibilities of a team leader, planning and allocating work, developing team performance, setting targets and monitoring the work of a team
- Learn about the core knowledge required to work as a Team Leader, Section Leader, Floor Leader, Trainee Supervisor, Call Centre Team Manager or Supervisor
- Achieve a nationally-recognised Level 2 qualification
- Develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning.
The Pearson BTEC Level 2 Award in Principles of Team Leading is for learners who would like an introductory qualification that includes the core knowledge of team leading.
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification is based on the most up to date National Occupational Standards (2012) for Management and Leadership as defined by Skills CFA, the Sector Skills Body. The qualification is accredited on the Qualifications and Credit Framework. Learners will need to achieve two mandatory units outlined below before Pearson can award the qualification.
The 2 mandatory or compulsory units are:
- Unit 01: Understand the Role of the Team Leader ( credit 4, GLH 32)
- Unit 02: Principles of Developing Team Performance ( credit 4, GLH 33)
How is this qualification assessed?
This qualification is assessed through internal assessment by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods (written assignments, practical tasks, portfolio of evidence, centre devised assessments etc).
Who could take this qualification?
This qualification is for all learners aged 16-18 and 19+ who are capable of reaching the required standards. Learners do not need any prior qualifications, knowledge or experience before starting the qualification however they may be seeking work within the business and professional management and leadership sector, or they may already be employed in a cross-sector role or function that involves leading the development and performance of a team.
What could this qualification lead to?
Learners could progress on to a Pearson BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Team Leading. There is also the possibility of progressing onto the Pearson BTEC Level 3 Award/Certificate in Principles of Management or the Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Management.
Potential job roles for those working towards this qualification are:
- Team Leader
- Section Leader
- Trainee Supervisor
- Floor Leader