Pearson BTEC Level 1 Certificate in Principles of Business Administration Overview
Qualification Number (QN): 601/5580/2
Credit value: 15
Guided Learning Hours: 112
Total Qualification Time (TQT): 150
What is the purpose of this qualification?
The Pearson BTEC Level 1 Certificate in Principles of Business Administration builds on the focus from the Level 1 Award to provide learners with underpinning occupationally related knowledge and skills, as well as wider knowledge and skills to support learners’ employability and career progression in the sector. The qualification is suitable for learners who are likely to be new to their first business administrative role, intending to return to work after unemployment, NEET learners, learners on work experience/job placement and those looking to progress into an apprenticeship programme. It gives learners the opportunity to:
- Develop occupationally related knowledge and skills in producing documents, using office equipment and handling telephone calls
- Develop knowledge and skills that support employability and career progression, including how to manage personal performance and development, rights and responsibilities at work and how to apply for jobs.
- Achieve a nationally-recognised Level 1 qualification
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification is based on the most up to date National Occupational Standards for the Customer Service Sector as defined by Skills CFA, the Sector Skills Body. The qualification is accredited on the Qualifications and Credit Framework. To successfully achieve this qualification learners must complete a minimum of 15 credits.
There are 3 mandatory or compulsory units which values – 11 credits. The remaining 4 credits are from optional units that will be chosen between yourself and your assessor.
The 3 mandatory or compulsory units are:
- Unit 01: Principles of Working in Business Administration (credit 4, GLH 30)
- Unit 02: Professional Behaviour in a Business Environment (credit 4, GLH 31)
- Unit 03: Principles of Providing Administrative services (credit 3, GLH 21)
How is this qualification assessed?
This qualification is assessed through internal assessment by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods (written assignments, practical tasks, portfolio of evidence, centre devised assessments etc)
Who could take this qualification?
This qualification is for all learners aged 14-16, 16-18 and 19+ who are capable of reaching the required standards. Learners do not need any prior qualifications, knowledge or experience before starting the qualification. Learners are likely to be those new to their first administrative role, intending to return to work after unemployment, NEET learners, learners on work experience/job placement and those looking to progress into an apprenticeship programme.
What could this qualification lead to?
Learners who have achieved the Pearson BTEC Level 1 Certificate in Principles of Business Administration could progress on to a Pearson BTEC Level 1 Certificate in Business Administration that develops occupational competency for the potential job roles listed below. Learners could also progress on to Level 2 qualifications in Business Administration, which are designed for learners to develop a broad set of occupational skills and underpinning knowledge when carrying out business administrative related tasks. Qualifications include:
- Pearson BTEC Level 1 Certificate in Business Administration (knowledge and competence qualification)
- Pearson BTEC Level 2 Award in Principles of Business Administration
- Pearson BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business Administration
- Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration (knowledge and competence apprenticeship qualification).
Potential job roles for those working towards this qualification are:
- Administrative Assistant
- Office Assistant
See Course Details
Please contact us on 0203 475 5499 and a member of staff will assist you.