Pearson BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Recruitment Practice(QCF) Overview
Qualification Number (QN):601/6283/1
Credit value: 26
Guided Learning Hours: 100
Awarding Body : Edexcel
What is the purpose of this qualification?
The Pearson BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Recruitment Practice is designed to provide learners with specialised occupational knowledge that is required by employers to work in the recruitment sector either within recruitment agencies or within in-house recruitment departments or functions. Achievement of this qualification prepares the individual to enter the recruitment sector in the potential job roles at this level, and in roles that involve recruitment operations and relationship management in recruitment. It gives learners the opportunity to:
- Develop underpinning and wider sector-related knowledge related to the job roles above. This includes an understanding of sales for recruitment, relationship management in recruitment, recruitment operations, the recruitment and market, and the principles for assessing people
- Achieve a nationally-recognised Level 3 qualification
- Develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning.
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification is based on National Occupational Standards (2011) for Recruitment Practice as defined by Skills CFA, the Sector Skills Body. Learners will need to achieve six mandatory units outlined below before Pearson can award the qualification.
The 6 mandatory or compulsory units are:
- Unit 01: Understanding Legal and Ethical Requirements in Recruitment ( credit 6, GLH 25)
- Unit 02: Understanding Sales for Recruitment( credit 4, GLH 15)
- Unit 03: Understanding Relationship Management in Recruitment (credit 4, GLH 15)
- Unit 04: Understanding Recruitment Operations(credit 4, GLH 15)
- Unit 05: Understanding the Recruitment Market (credit 4, GLH 15)
- UNIT 06: Understanding the Principles of Assessing People (credit 4, GLH 15)
How is this qualification assessed?
This qualification is assessed through internal assessment by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods (written assignments, practical tasks, portfolio of evidence, centre devised assessments etc.
Who could take this qualification?
This qualification is for all learners aged 16-18 and 19+ who are capable of reaching the required standards. Learners do not need any prior qualifications, knowledge or experience before starting the qualification however they are likely to be seeking work within the recruitment Industry, or they may already be employed in a recruitment role or function.
What could this qualification lead to?
Learners could progress on to a Pearson Edexcel Level 3 Diploma in Recruitment that demonstrates occupational competency for the potential job roles listed below at this level, including an advanced apprenticeship in recruitment. Learners can also progress to higher levels of the recruitment suite of qualifications, to the Pearson Edexcel Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Recruitment (QCF) and the Pearson BTEC Level 4 Diploma in Recruitment Management (QCF), which together form part of the Higher Apprenticeship in Recruitment.
Potential job roles for those working towards this qualification are:
- Trainee Recruitment Consultant
- Junior Recruitment Consultant
- Account Representative
- Recruitment Resourcer
- Recruitment Consultant