Pearson BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Customer Service Overview
Qualification Number (QN): 601/5399/4
Credit value: 19
Guided Learning Hours: 134-144
What is the purpose of this qualification?
The Pearson BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Customer Service (QCF) extends the focus from the Level 3 Award and offers an engaging programme for those who are clear about how they would like to progress in their career. The qualification gives learners the underpinning occupational knowledge and attitudes to support employment in roles such as Customer Service Manager, Customer Service Team Leader and Customer Relationship Manager. It is a flexible qualification that can be tailored to meet the requirements of individual job roles and gives learners an opportunity to:
- Develop role-specific knowledge and understanding to support competence in the job roles stated above. This includes the principles and practices involved in organising and delivering effective customer service, leading a customer service team, customer relationship management, improving customer service and complaint handling
- Develop wider sector and business-related knowledge and understanding, as well as an understanding of how to progress their own professional and personal development
- Achieve a nationally-recognised Level 3 qualification
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification is based on the most up to date National Occupational Standards for the Customer Service Sector as defined by Skills CFA, the Sector Skills Body. To successfully achieve this qualification learners must complete a minimum of 19 credits out of which 14 must be achieved at level 3 or above.
There are 3 mandatory or compulsory units which values – 11 credits. The remaining 8 credits are from optional units that will be chosen between yourself and your assessor
The 3 mandatory or compulsory units are:
- Unit 01: Principles of Customer Service Delivery ( credit 5, GLH 38)
- Unit 02: Understanding How to Improve Customer Service ( credit 3, GLH 22)
- Unit 03: Understanding Personal and Professional Development (credit 3,GLH 22)
How is this qualification assessed?
This qualification is assessed through internal assessment by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods (written assignments, practical tasks, portfolio of evidence, work sheets, professional discussion , questioning, centre devised assessments etc).
Who could take this qualification?
This qualification is for all learners aged 16-18 and 19+ who are capable of reaching the required standards. Learners do not need any prior qualifications, knowledge or experience before starting the qualification however they may be seeking work within the customer service sector, or they may already be employed in a cross-sector service related role.
What could this qualification lead to?
Learners could progress on to a Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Customer Service that demonstrates occupational competency for the potential job roles listed below at this level. Learners could also progress to a Level 4 qualification in Customer Service that is designed to provide learners with the opportunity to demonstrate occupational competence in a range of business settings including managing performance improvements in service delivery, managing customer satisfaction, loyalty and managing customer service reliability.
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Customer Service (competency qualification)
- Pearson Edexcel Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Customer Service (competency qualification)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Management (QCF)
Potential job roles for those working towards this qualification are:
- Customer Relationship Manager
- Client Services Officer
- Customer Service Supervisor
- Call Centre Team Leader
See Course Details
Please contact us on 0203 475 5499 and a member of staff will assist you. Or complete the form below and we will get back to you. Ensure to include a contact number.