Pearson BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Business Administration Overview
Qualification Number (QN): 601/5241/1
Credit value: 22
Guided Learning Hours: 149
Total Qualification Time (TQT): 220
What is the purpose of this qualification?
The Pearson BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Business Administration (QCF) is designed to provide learners with specialised occupational knowledge that is required by employers to work within a Business Administrative environment and role. Achievement of this qualification prepares the individual to enter the Business and Administration sector in the potential job roles listed below at this level, including cross-sector administrative related roles at a level that involves responsibility for carrying out and managing business administrative operations and functions.
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification is based on the most up to date National Occupational Standards for the Customer Service Sector as defined by Skills CFA, the Sector Skills Body. The qualification is accredited on the Qualifications and Credit Framework. To successfully achieve this qualification learners must complete a minimum of 22 credits.
There are 4 mandatory or compulsory units which values – 16 credits. The remaining 6 credits are from optional units that will be chosen between yourself and your assessor
The 4 mandatory or compulsory units are:
- Unit 01: Principles of Providing and Maintaining Administrative Services (credit 6,GLH 40)
- Unit 02: Communicating in a business Environment (credit 5, GLH 36)
- Unit 03: Understanding how to Manage Own Performance and Development (credit 3, GLH 21)
- Unit 04: Understanding how to Develop and Maintain Productive Working Relationships in Business Environments (credit 2, GLH 15)
How is this qualification assessed?
This qualification is assessed through internal assessment by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods (written assignments, practical tasks, portfolio of evidence, centre devised assessments etc).
Who could take this qualification?
This qualification is for all learners aged 16-18 and 19+ who are capable of reaching the required standards. Learners do not need any prior qualifications, knowledge or experience before starting the qualification however they may be seeking work within the business and administration sector or be already employed in a business administrative or cross-sector administrative and secretarial role.
What could this qualification lead to?
Learners could progress on to a Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration that demonstrates occupational competency for the potential job roles listed below at this level, including an advanced apprenticeship in Business Administration. Learners could also progress to Level 4 qualifications in Business and Professional Administration that are designed to provide learners with the opportunity to demonstrate occupational competency in managing others, improving business performance, leading and managing a range of defined business administrative functions and resolving administrative problems
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration (competency qualification)
- Pearson Edexcel Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Business Administration (competency qualification)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Management (QCF)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Management (competency qualification)
Potential job roles for those working towards this qualification are:
- Administrator / Administrative Assistant
- Programme Support Officer
- Publishing and Marketing Assistant
- Legal Administrator
See Course Details
Please contact us on 0203 475 5499 and a member of staff will assist you. Or complete the form below and we will get back to you. Ensure to include a contact number.