Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Retail Knowledge Overview
Qualification Number (QN):500/7362/X
Credit value: 37
Guided Learning Hours: 270
Total Qualification Time (TQT):370
Awarding Body : Edexcel
What is the purpose of this qualification?
The Diploma extends the focus from the Certificate and is a more substantial qualification that will help learners to develop the skills needed to work in a junior role at Level 2 or to progress to a management role in the retail sector at Level 3. This qualification gives the learner an opportunity to:
- Complete projects and assignments based on understanding workplace situations and activities.
- Understand health and safety regulations in a retail environment and some legal aspects of retail, and to develop their team-working and customer service skills
- Establish a foundation of knowledge and understanding at Level 2 enabling progression to a Level 3 qualification in retail
What does this qualification cover?
All the content of the qualification relates directly to the skills, knowledge and understanding needed to support students in progressing to further study in the retail sector. To successfully achieve this qualification learners must complete four mandatory unit plus optional units that provide for a combined total of 37 credits.
The optional units will be chosen between yourself and your assessor.
The 4 mandatory or compulsory units are:
- Unit 01: Understanding Customer Service in the Retail Sector ( credit 3, GLH 22)
- Unit 02: Understanding the Retail Selling Process (credit 2, GLH 15)
- Unit 03: Understanding how Individuals and Teams Contribute to the Effectiveness of a Retail Business (credit 3, GLH 22)
- Unit 04: Understanding how a Retail Business Maintains Health and Safety on its Premises (credit 2 , GLH 15)
How is this qualification assessed?
This qualification is assessed through internal assessment by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods (written assignments, practical tasks, portfolio of evidence, centre devised assessments etc) or Pearson-devised assessment (onscreen testing).
Who could take this qualification?
This qualification is for all learners aged 16-18 and 19+ who are capable of reaching the required standards. Learners do not need any prior qualifications, knowledge or experience before starting the qualification.
What could this qualification lead to?
Learners who have achieved the Level 2 Diploma can progress to the BTEC Level 3 Award, Certificate or Diploma in Retail Knowledge, to the Level 3 competence-based qualifications in retail skills or to operational employment in the retail sector.
Potential job roles for those working towards this qualification are:
- Retail Buyer
- Store Manager
- Sales Manager