Pearson BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Law and Legal Work (QCF) Overview
Qualification Number (QN): 501/0015/4
Credit value: 13
Guided Learning Hours: 100
Awarding Body: Edexcel
What is the purpose of this qualification?
The Edexcel BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Law and Legal Work has been developed to give learners the opportunity to:
- Engage in learning that is relevant to them and which will provide opportunities to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life
- Achieve a nationally recognised Entry, Level 2 vocationally-related qualification
- Progress to employment in a particular vocational sector
- Progress to related general and/or vocational qualifications.
What does this qualification cover?
To successfully achieve this qualification learners must complete one mandatory unit plus optional units that provide for a combined total of minimum13 credits.
The optional units will be chosen between yourself and your assessor.
The mandatory or compulsory unit are:
- Unit 01: The English Legal System (credit 5)
How is this qualification assessed?
All units within this qualification are internally assessed. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes. To achieve a ‘pass’ a learner must have successfully passed all the assessment criteria
Who could take this qualification?
This qualification is for all learners aged 16-18 and 19+ who are capable of reaching the required standards.
For adult learners the Edexcel BTEC Level 2 Certificate can extend their knowledge and understanding of work in a particular sector. It is a suitable qualification for those wishing to change career or move into a particular area of employment following a career break.
What could this qualification lead to?
This Qualification provide opportunities for full-time learners to gain a nationally recognised vocationally-specific qualification to enter employment in the legal sector or to progress to higher education vocational qualifications.
See Course Details
Please contact us on 0203 475 5499 and a member of staff will assist you. Or complete the form below and we will get back to you. Ensure to include a contact number.