Pearson BTEC Level 2 Award in Principles of Customer Service Overview
Qualification Number (QN): 601/5358/1
Credit value: 7
Guided Learning Hours: 54
Total Qualification Time (TQT):70
What is the purpose of this qualification?
The Pearson BTEC Level 2 Award in Principles of Customer Service is designed to provide learners with an introduction to the underpinning knowledge and attitudes required for working within a customer service environment. The qualification is suitable for learners who want to work in customer service and who may already have some experience in a customer service-related role, and require a short course to help them better understand the concepts that inform the principles and practices of customer service. It gives learners the opportunity to:
● Develop knowledge of the role and function of customer service, the value of customer loyalty and how legislation affects customer service delivery
● Develop knowledge of the requirements for working in a customer-facing job role, including how to deliver reliable customer service, how to interact positively with customers and work effectively in a team delivering customer service
● Achieve a nationally-recognised Level 2 qualification
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification is based on the most up to date National Occupational Standards for the Customer Service Sector as defined by Skills CFA, the Sector Skills Body. The qualification is accredited on the Qualifications and Credit Framework. To successfully achieve this qualification learners must complete two mandatory units outlined below before Pearson can award the qualification.
The 2 mandatory or compulsory units are:
- Unit 01: Customer Service Principles ( credit 4, GLH 32)
- Unit 02: Understanding Customer Service Delivery( credit 3, GLH 22)
How is this qualification assessed?
This qualification is assessed through internal assessment by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods (written assignments, practical tasks, portfolio of evidence, work sheets, professional discussion , questioning, role play, centre devised assessments etc).
Who could take this qualification?
This qualification is for all learners aged 16-18 and 19+ who are capable of reaching the required standards. Learners do not need any prior qualifications, knowledge or experience before starting the qualification.
What could this qualification lead to?
Learners who have achieved the Pearson BTEC Level 2 Award/Certificate in Principles of Customer Service could progress on to a Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service that demonstrates occupational competency for the potential job roles listed below at this level, including an apprenticeship in customer service. Learners could also progress to Level 3 qualifications in Customer Service that are designed for learners to demonstrate a practiced set of occupational skills when carrying out customer service operations, including managing performance improvements in service delivery, customer satisfaction, customer loyalty and reliability. Qualifications include:
● Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service
● Pearson BTEC Level 3 Award in Principles of Customer Service
● Pearson BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Customer Service
● Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Customer Service
Potential job roles for those working towards this qualification are:
- Customer Service Assistant
- Help Desk Assistant
- Call Centre Operative
- Security Operative
- Customer Service Advisor
- Customer Sales Support
Please contact us on 0203 475 5499 and a member of staff will assist you.