Pearson BTEC Level 2 Award in Principles of Business Administration Overview
Qualification Number (QN): 601/5262/X
Credit value: 9
Guided Learning Hours: 65
Total Qualification Time (TQT): 90
What is the purpose of this qualification?
The Pearson BTEC Level 2 Award in Principles of Business Administration is for learners who want to work in Business Administration. It gives learners the opportunity to:
- Develop and demonstrate technical and wider sector-related knowledge to support working in business administration. This includes the principles and practices underpinning the core tasks and responsibilities as well as wider work related knowledge such as working in business administration, professional behaviour and providing administrative services.
- Achieve a nationally-recognised Level 2 qualification.
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification is based on the most up to date National Occupational Standards for the Customer Service Sector as defined by Skills CFA, the Sector Skills Body. The qualification is accredited on the Qualifications and Credit Framework. Learners will need to achieve three mandatory units outlined below before Pearson can award the qualification.
The 3 mandatory or compulsory units are:
- Unit 01: Principles of Working in Business Administration (credit 3, GLH 22)
- Unit 02:Principles of Professional Behaviour (credit 2 , GLH 18)
- Unit 03: Principles of Providing Administrative Services (credit 4, GLH 25)
How is this qualification assessed?
This qualification is assessed through internal assessment by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods (written assignments, practical tasks, portfolio of evidence, centre devised assessments etc).
Who could take this qualification?
This qualification is for all learners aged 16-18 and 19+ who are capable of reaching the required standards. Learners do not need any prior qualifications, knowledge or experience before starting the qualification however they may be seeking work within the business and administration sector or be already employed in a business administrative or cross-sector administrative and secretarial role.
What could this qualification lead to?
Learners who have achieved the Pearson BTEC Level 2 Award in Principles of Business Administration can progress to the Pearson BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business Administration, the Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration.
Potential job roles for those working towards this qualification are:
- Programme Support
- Officer Secretary
- Office Junior
See Course Details
Please contact us on 0203 475 5499 and a member of staff will assist you.
Or complete the form below and we will get back to you. Ensure to include a contact number.