Pearson BTEC Level 1 Certificate in Travel and Tourism Overview
Qualification Number (QN):500/6001/6
Credit value: 13
Guided Learning Hours: 110
Total Qualification Time (TQT):110
Awarding Body : Edexcel
What is the purpose of this qualification?
The Edexcel BTEC Level 1 Certificate (QCF) in Travel and Tourism have been developed to give learners the opportunity to:
- Engage in learning which is relevant to them and will provide opportunities to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life
- Achieve a nationally recognised Entry or Level 1 vocationally related
- Qualification progress to employment in a particular vocational sector
- Progress to related general and/or vocational qualifications.
What does this qualification cover?
All the content of the qualification relates directly to the skills, knowledge and understanding needed to support students in progressing to further study in the Travel and Tourism. To successfully achieve this qualification learners must complete minimum 13 credits from which minimum 8 credits must be achieved at level 1 or above .
The optional units will be chosen between yourself and your assessor.
How is this qualification assessed?
This qualification is assessed through internal assessment by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods (written assignments, practical tasks, portfolio of evidence, centre devised assessments etc).
Who could take this qualification?
BTEC Level 1 qualifications are designed to enhance learners’ work and life skills in a range of vocational contexts. It is a suitable for those wishing to change career or move into a particular area of employment following a career break.
This qualification is appropriate for a diverse range of learners including:
- 14-19 year-old learners
- Adults returning to study
- Those who have not yet achieved accredited qualifications
What could this qualification lead to?
Learners who have achieved the Level 1 Certificate can progress to the BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Travel and Tourism.
Potential job roles for those working towards this qualification are:
- Airline customer service agent.
- Airport information assistant
- Air cabin crew.