- Are you currently not in education/training or employment ?
- Are you in employment but need to further your education?
- Are you not in college and need support in gaining your qualifications?
- Are you a young mother or expected mother and need to continue your education?
As a specialist small college, we provide bespoke training to 16-19 year olds, including youth offenders, young people in care, those who are disengaged from education and so on. Eligible 19 year olds are those that became 19 after August 31st. Funding is available for 16-18s and eligible 19 year olds. (Please see our 19+programmes here)
We are specialists in supporting learners who fall in the categories below:
- Learners who require Work Experience
- learners who prefer a more practical environment to be trained in thus require work based learning(Work Placements)
- learners who need bespoke support to fast track into university
- learners aspiring to improve their GCSE results for university
- learners who do not necessarily want to attend larger colleges
- learners who want to study in a smaller environment with opportunities for one to one support
- learners who have attended larger colleges and have been withdrawn for various reasons and are not academically or economically engaging in society
- learners with the need to be trained for employment opportunities
What makes our training unique is that we can be very flexible with the qualification or programme we offer following an Information, Advise and Guidance session. Each learner will have a timetable designed for them.
We can also deliver flexible bespoke training for those who are leaving care such as:
- Life Skills
- Employability Skills
- Money Management
- Health & Safety at Work and so on
We currently work with local authorities, fostering agencies and youth offending teams(YOT), local charities and are now extending our services to parents, schools other relevant local agencies given our current success and smooth partnership. (Testimonials- View here)
Our specialised courses are government-funded and therefore they are free providing the learner is not already in full-time education.
Note that the qualifications we offer are accredited and awarded by Edexcel (BTEC), NCFE and CACHE, very recognised awarding bodies.
Our Specialist qualifications range from:
- Level 2/3 certificate or Diploma – Teaching Assistance (Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools)
- Level 2/3 – Certificate or Diploma – Children and Young Peoples Workforce
- Level 2/3 – Certificate or Diploma – Health and Social Care
- Level 2/3 certificate or Diploma – Business Administration
- A Levels – Law, Sociology, Psychology, Business, and so on
- BTEC Nationals – Law, Health & Social Care, Business, Travel and Tourism
- Legal Secretary
We deliver qualifications that carry UCAS points and we will support with university applications and references. See our university web page here. University Support – Courses to enter University
We are an exam centre for GCSEs and A levels hence our learners will be able to resit their exams. Exams can also be booked on the same day of the exam(Contact us for details of “on the day of the exam late entry”) This is not encouraged but is available in cases of emergencies for private candidates. (View our GCSE & A level Exam Centre page here)
In addition to the courses mentioned above, our learners have the choice of progressing either of the following BTEC qualifications:
- L1/2 /3 – Customer Services
- L1/2/3 – IT User skills
- L1/2/3 – Personal Social Development
- L1/2/3 – (Workskills- Employability Skills)
- GCSE or Functional Skills – Maths or English if they do not already have this