Pearson BTEC Level 1 Award in Principles of Customer Service Overview
Qualification Number (QN):601/5304/0
Credit value: 6
Guided Learning Hours: 49
Total Qualification Time (TQT):60
What is the purpose of this qualification?
The Pearson BTEC Level 1 Award in Principles of Customer Service is designed to provide learners with an introduction to the underpinning knowledge and attitudes required for working within a customer service environment. The qualification is suitable for learners who have little or no experience or training in customer service and so are likely to want a short introductory course to help them better understand the sector in order to support their career choices. It gives learners the opportunity to:
- Develop knowledge of the role and importance of customer service and the different ways in which customer service may be delivered
- Develop knowledge of the requirements for working in a customer-facing job role, including the standards of professionalism, effective team working and the use of organisational procedures and practices in delivering customer service.
- Achieve a nationally-recognised Level 1 qualification
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification is based on the most up to date National Occupational Standards for the Customer Service Sector as defined by Skills CFA, the Sector Skills Body. The qualification is accredited on the Qualifications and Credit Framework. Learners will need to achieve two mandatory units outlined below before Pearson can award the qualification.
The 2 mandatory or compulsory units are:
- Unit 01: Customer Service Principles ( credit3, GLH 21)
- Unit 02: Understanding How to Work in a Customer Service Role ( credit3, GLH 28)
How is this qualification assessed?
This qualification is assessed through internal assessment by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods (written assignments, practical tasks, portfolio of evidence, centre devised assessments etc).
Who could take this qualification?
This qualification is for all learners aged 14-16, 16-18 and 19+ who are capable of reaching the required standards. Learners do not need any prior qualifications, knowledge or experience before starting the qualification. Learners are likely to be those new to their first customer service role, intending to return to work after unemployment, NEET learners, learners on work experience/job placement and those looking to progress into an apprenticeship programme.
What could this qualification lead to?
Learners could progress on to a Pearson BTEC Level 1 Certificate in Customer Service that demonstrates occupational competency for the potential job roles listed below at this level. Learners could also progress on to Level 2 qualifications in Customer Service which are designed for learners’ to demonstrate a broad set of occupational skills when carrying out customer service related tasks. Level 2 qualifications in this sector further develop learners’ knowledge and understanding of the principles that underpin working in a customer service role, including understanding customers and employers. Qualifications include:
- Pearson BTEC Level 1 Certificate in Customer Service (competency qualification)
- Pearson BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Customer Service
- Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service (competency qualification)
Potential job roles for those working towards this qualification are:
- Customer Service Assistant
- Sales Assistant
- Help Desk Assistant
- Call Centre Advisor
Can I do this course online or attend the academy?
You can do both. If you are local to us you can do blended learning .i.e. both online and attend the academy.
Your support sessions can be booked around your schedule.
Please contact us on 0203 475 5499 and a member of staff will assist you.